Tuesday, August 18, 2009

House of Holland Tights

My week has had a lot of ups and downs (I'm done with school, and the reality of life is setting in again, more on that another time) so there's nothing like a little retail therapy. I went all the way over to Selfridges today to pick up a pair of the limited-edition Henry Holland tights by Pretty Polly. Since these tights were made in England I was a bit afraid they were gonna be a fortune (Chanel tights, anyone?) so told myself that if they were anywhere over 30 quid I was going to have to walk away.




But imagine my delight when I found them, they were only £10! Not only that, but they came in the most amazing packaging, full size coffee cups with lids that said "caution, hot tights." Many of them were also hand signed by Henry.

henry holland

I'm starting to get what my marketing tutor was saying about good packaging giving products "added value."

All told, since said tights were a third of what I was expecting, I let myself have a pair in pink, purple and black. It really is a neat technique, they used different deniers of the same color of fabric to create what looks like different shades.

Photo 20

These are very limited edition and I believe you can only get them in Selfridges, so hop to it!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look awesome

Anonymous said...

They look awesome

New Boy In Town said...

Totally want to buy packaging off you henry hollands me idol !

New Boy In Town said...

Totally want to buy packaging off you henry hollands me idol !

Black said...

Thanks for one more greet post. Xmas gift- Moncler Chance Quilted Women's Down Jacket , do you like it? So warmer !