Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DIY Luella Headpiece

Luella S/S 09 was my favorite collection of the spring... sums up pretty much everything I go for: girly, ruffled, vintage-inspired, and chock-full of beautiful color combinations that you may never have thought of. However, my favorite thing of all were the bows with the veils that most of the models wore in their hair.



I loved too that many of them were shaped like vintage bow-ties. This is also featured on the new cover of Lula magazine. Figuring that they would never be affordable, but looked pretty simple to make, I gave it a try myself. I picked up some taffeta (polyester, silk was too expensive), veiling, and a hair clip and voila!
diy luella headpiece
The next one I make I am going to have to fiddle with the veiling a little bit cause I am not loving how it is lying against my face but it works for now. Can't wait for spring so I can rock these with a little dress or something.
diy luella headpiece

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mad props, girl. I LOVE IT!!!